The Council of European Aerospace Societies (CEAS) is an International
Non-Profit Association, with the aim to develop a framework within which
the major Aerospace Societies in Europe can work together.
It presently comprises thirteen Trustee Member Societies with a combined roughly 35.000 individual members: 3AF (France), AAAR (Romania), AIAE (Spain), AIDAA (Italy), CzAeS (Czech Republic), DGLR (Germany), FTF (Sweden), HAES (Greece), NVvL (Netherlands), PSAA (Poland), RAeS (United Kingdom), SVFW (Switzerland), TsAGI (Russia), and six Corporate Members: EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency), ESA (European Space Agency), EUROAVIA, LAETA (Associated Laboratory for Energy, Transports and Aeronautics, Portugal), VKI (Von Karman Institute, Belgium) and EUROCONTROL (Belgium).
Following its establishment as a legal entity conferred under Belgium Law, this association began its operations on January 1st, 2007. Its basic mission is to add value at a European level to the wide range of services provided by the constituent Member Societies, allowing for greater dialogue between the latter and the European institutions, governments, aerospace and defence industries and academia.
The CEAS is governed by a Board of Trustees, with representatives of each of the Member Societies. Its Head Office is located in Belgium: c/o DLR – Rue du Trône 98 – 1050 Brussels.
What does CEAS offer You?
• A well-found structure for Technical Committees
High-Level European Conferences:
• Technical pan-European events dealing with specific disciplines and the broader technical aspects
• The CEAS European Air and Space Conferences: every two years, a Technical oriented Conference, and alternating every two years also, a Public Policy & Strategy oriented Conference
• Position/Discussion papers on key issues
• CEAS Aeronautical Journal
• CEAS Space Journal
• CEAS Quarterly Bulletin
• Aerospace Events Calendar – www.aerospace-events.eu
Memorandum of Understanding with:
• ICAS, International council of aeronautical sciences
• AIAA, The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (USA)
• CSA, Chinese Society of Astronautics (China)
• KSAS, Korean Society for Aeronautical & Space Sciences (Korea)
• AAE, Air and Space Academy
• EASN, European Aeronautics Science Network
• EREA, Association of European Research Establishments in Aeronautics
Relationships at European Level:
• European Commission
• European Parliament
• ASD (AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe), EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency), EDA (European Defence Agency), ESA (European Space Agency), EUROCONTROL
• Other European organisations
European Professional Recognition:
• Directory of European Professionals
Honours and Awards:
• Annual CEAS Gold Medal to recognize outstanding achievement
• Medals in technical areas to recognize achievement
Young Professional Aerospace Forum:
• Students in Aerospace